Great Newham London Run in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
Runners – including a team from the Recorder – are taking on the Great Newham London Run in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park today.
They will emulate Mo Farah by crossing the finish line in the Olympic Stadium after a 10k course around the park.
Among the participants will be the six Great Runners, selected by marathon champ Paula Radcliffe to be mentored ahead of the race.
Speaking to the Recorder earlier this year, she said: ““t’s even more important that this run is coming here because I think it’s a true fact that everywhere all over the world we need to get people more active and events like this are really key at doing that.
“For me, when I talk about the Olympic legacy that’s the thing. People who have watched the games and who have been inspired to take part.”
Look out for Newham Recorder news editor Freddy Mayhew, reporters Sophie Morton and Mark Shales and apprentice Jacob Ranson as they run to raise money for Richard House Children’s Hospice.
You can sponsor the team at virginmoneygiving.com/recorderrunners
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences