Grants on offer for Newham charities
- Credit: Archant
Small charities in Newham are urged to apply for funding as part of the Mayor of London’s volunteering initiative.
Organisations who place young and disadvantaged people in volunteering positions can apply, as well as charities who provide local volunteering opportunities.
The Team London initiative is built on the success of volunteers during the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, said: “London’s army of amazing volunteers provide tremendous benefits to our city, giving people great satisfaction in helping others.
“I urge charities to bid for this cash and help us provide even more volunteering opportunities especially for young Londoners.”
Now in its third year, it will see at least ten charities benefit from grants of up to £10,000.
Last year’s scheme saw Newham-based sports forum Pro-Active East London awarded money.
- 1 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 2 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 5 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 6 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 7 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 8 We want everyone to contribute says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
Charities can apply by visiting volunteerteam.london.gov.uk