Grants on offer for Newham charities
- Credit: Archant
Small charities in Newham are urged to apply for funding as part of the Mayor of London’s volunteering initiative.
Organisations who place young and disadvantaged people in volunteering positions can apply, as well as charities who provide local volunteering opportunities.
The Team London initiative is built on the success of volunteers during the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, said: “London’s army of amazing volunteers provide tremendous benefits to our city, giving people great satisfaction in helping others.
“I urge charities to bid for this cash and help us provide even more volunteering opportunities especially for young Londoners.”
You may also want to watch:
Now in its third year, it will see at least ten charities benefit from grants of up to £10,000.
Last year’s scheme saw Newham-based sports forum Pro-Active East London awarded money.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Charities can apply by visiting volunteerteam.london.gov.uk