Grainger extends contract at Orient
- Credit: Archant
Goalkeeper pens new two-and-a-half-year deal.
Leyton Orient’s Charlie Grainger has extended his stay at Brisbane Road until the summer of 2017.
The 18-year-old goalkeeper is yet to make a first-team appearance, though has featured on the bench a number of times this season with both Gary Woods and Adam Legzdins spending time out injured.
And Grainger, who has a brief spell on loan with Conference South side Farnborough is pleased to continue his development with the O’s.
“It’s been a long time coming and I am happy to have put pen to paper,” he told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“I have been here five years now and with this contract it will take it to seven. It’s a homely club and it’s only around the corner for me.
“I have got no complaints about being at this club. I am happy here and I want the team to do well.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley