Good news for Orient skipper Dawson
O’s midfielder could be back in action sooner than expected
ORIENT skipper Stephen Dawson could be back in action quicker than expected.
Dawson limped off after 40 minutes at Bristol Rovers on Saturday following an awful challenge by Carl Regan, which resulted in a red card for the home player.
The Orient midfielder left the ground on crutches and looked set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
But Dawson said: “I saw a specialist this week and it seems I was lucky. If I’d have been caught just a couple of centimetres higher it would have been really serious.
You may also want to watch:
“The injury is not as bad as was first feared and things are certainly looking a lot brighter than they did last weekend.”
Although he could struggle to be available for Saturday’s game against Bournemouth, Dawson may be ready for next Tuesday’s trip to Peterborough.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 3 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 4 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 10 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas