Good news for Orient skipper Dawson
O’s midfielder could be back in action sooner than expected
ORIENT skipper Stephen Dawson could be back in action quicker than expected.
Dawson limped off after 40 minutes at Bristol Rovers on Saturday following an awful challenge by Carl Regan, which resulted in a red card for the home player.
The Orient midfielder left the ground on crutches and looked set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
But Dawson said: “I saw a specialist this week and it seems I was lucky. If I’d have been caught just a couple of centimetres higher it would have been really serious.
“The injury is not as bad as was first feared and things are certainly looking a lot brighter than they did last weekend.”
Although he could struggle to be available for Saturday’s game against Bournemouth, Dawson may be ready for next Tuesday’s trip to Peterborough.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 7 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 8 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 9 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex