Good news for Orient skipper Dawson
O’s midfielder could be back in action sooner than expected
ORIENT skipper Stephen Dawson could be back in action quicker than expected.
Dawson limped off after 40 minutes at Bristol Rovers on Saturday following an awful challenge by Carl Regan, which resulted in a red card for the home player.
The Orient midfielder left the ground on crutches and looked set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
But Dawson said: “I saw a specialist this week and it seems I was lucky. If I’d have been caught just a couple of centimetres higher it would have been really serious.
You may also want to watch:
“The injury is not as bad as was first feared and things are certainly looking a lot brighter than they did last weekend.”
Although he could struggle to be available for Saturday’s game against Bournemouth, Dawson may be ready for next Tuesday’s trip to Peterborough.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation