Get in the pink for breast awareness
Patients, staff and visitors are being invited to come along to Newham University Hospital to get involved with breast awareness.
There will be an awareness and fundraising stall at Zone 10 on the ground floor of the main hospital street on October 25 from 10am to 4pm.
Visitors will be able to talk to the breast services team, find out about breast screening and buy pink items to help raise money for the Newham breast unit.
Staff are being asked to wear pink and make a donation of �2 to the cause and everyone including patients and visitors to the hospital are welcome to join in the fun.
Pink ribbons/badges will also be sold on the day and all money raised, will go into providing help/support/gifts for those women who are treated for breast cancer here at Newham.
You may also want to watch:
Sally Shanley, Senior Macmillan Breast Care Nurse, said: “We invite everyone to wear pink for the day and to visit the stall and show their support. Last year we raised over �600 and this year we hope to raise even more.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19