Get in the pink for breast awareness
Patients, staff and visitors are being invited to come along to Newham University Hospital to get involved with breast awareness.
There will be an awareness and fundraising stall at Zone 10 on the ground floor of the main hospital street on October 25 from 10am to 4pm.
Visitors will be able to talk to the breast services team, find out about breast screening and buy pink items to help raise money for the Newham breast unit.
Staff are being asked to wear pink and make a donation of �2 to the cause and everyone including patients and visitors to the hospital are welcome to join in the fun.
Pink ribbons/badges will also be sold on the day and all money raised, will go into providing help/support/gifts for those women who are treated for breast cancer here at Newham.
You may also want to watch:
Sally Shanley, Senior Macmillan Breast Care Nurse, said: “We invite everyone to wear pink for the day and to visit the stall and show their support. Last year we raised over �600 and this year we hope to raise even more.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley