Get in the pink for breast awareness
Patients, staff and visitors are being invited to come along to Newham University Hospital to get involved with breast awareness.
There will be an awareness and fundraising stall at Zone 10 on the ground floor of the main hospital street on October 25 from 10am to 4pm.
Visitors will be able to talk to the breast services team, find out about breast screening and buy pink items to help raise money for the Newham breast unit.
Staff are being asked to wear pink and make a donation of �2 to the cause and everyone including patients and visitors to the hospital are welcome to join in the fun.
Pink ribbons/badges will also be sold on the day and all money raised, will go into providing help/support/gifts for those women who are treated for breast cancer here at Newham.
You may also want to watch:
Sally Shanley, Senior Macmillan Breast Care Nurse, said: “We invite everyone to wear pink for the day and to visit the stall and show their support. Last year we raised over �600 and this year we hope to raise even more.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted