Get in shape for Newham London Run
SNEAK peeks of the 2012 Olympic Park and Westfield’s Stratford City centre are on offer to those taking part in this year’s Newham London Run.
Around 5,000 are expected to take part in the second annual council-run event, on Sunday, March 27.
Places are still available and the entry deadline is March 6.
The 10km route will begin in Angel Lane and runners will pass through West Ham Park, The Greenway and Stratford Park, before the route takes them in front of the Olympic Stadium.
Organisers hope to build on last year’s success, when 3,700 runners took part.
You may also want to watch:
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales said: “I’m delighted that the Newham London Run is returning to the Olympic Park, giving thousands of people the chance to see the fantastic progress first-hand.
“The best thing about last year’s run was the fantastic support Newham’s residents gave competitors on the way round.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
“I’m looking forward to seeing more of the same this time round.
“This event grows in stature every year and it’s great that we’re able to offer residents and visitors alike the chance to experience the magic of the Olympics up close.”
Olympic Delivery Authority chairman John Armitt said: “This is another great opportunity for runners to see up close the Olympic Park taking shape.
“More than 100,000 people have visited the Olympic Park on bus tours and thousands more will be able to run inside the Park in March on the Newham London Run.”
Enter the run at www.newhamlondonrun.org.