Get in shape for Newham London Run
SNEAK peeks of the 2012 Olympic Park and Westfield’s Stratford City centre are on offer to those taking part in this year’s Newham London Run.
Around 5,000 are expected to take part in the second annual council-run event, on Sunday, March 27.
Places are still available and the entry deadline is March 6.
The 10km route will begin in Angel Lane and runners will pass through West Ham Park, The Greenway and Stratford Park, before the route takes them in front of the Olympic Stadium.
Organisers hope to build on last year’s success, when 3,700 runners took part.
You may also want to watch:
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales said: “I’m delighted that the Newham London Run is returning to the Olympic Park, giving thousands of people the chance to see the fantastic progress first-hand.
“The best thing about last year’s run was the fantastic support Newham’s residents gave competitors on the way round.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
“I’m looking forward to seeing more of the same this time round.
“This event grows in stature every year and it’s great that we’re able to offer residents and visitors alike the chance to experience the magic of the Olympics up close.”
Olympic Delivery Authority chairman John Armitt said: “This is another great opportunity for runners to see up close the Olympic Park taking shape.
“More than 100,000 people have visited the Olympic Park on bus tours and thousands more will be able to run inside the Park in March on the Newham London Run.”
Enter the run at www.newhamlondonrun.org.