Get in! It’s Great Scott Parker of West Ham United- Footballer of the Year
Yes! It’s Great Scott. West Ham United midfielder Scott Parker has been voted 2011 Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers’ Association.
Parker, 30, topped the poll of journalists ahead of Tottenham star Gareth Bale, who was on Sunday night named the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year.
Parker’s cracking form this year earned an international recall for England’s Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales in March, and friendly squads.
He will receive the award on May 12.
Parker’s award is even more impressive considering West Ham’s poor season and precarious position...heading into their last five games of the campaign one off the bottom of the table.
You may also want to watch:
But he has been an inspirational figure for the Irons.
As well as Bale, Parker also pipped Nemanja Vidic, Carlos Tevez and Charlie Adam.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley