Get in! It’s Great Scott Parker of West Ham United- Footballer of the Year
Yes! It’s Great Scott. West Ham United midfielder Scott Parker has been voted 2011 Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers’ Association.
Parker, 30, topped the poll of journalists ahead of Tottenham star Gareth Bale, who was on Sunday night named the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year.
Parker’s cracking form this year earned an international recall for England’s Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales in March, and friendly squads.
He will receive the award on May 12.
Parker’s award is even more impressive considering West Ham’s poor season and precarious position...heading into their last five games of the campaign one off the bottom of the table.
You may also want to watch:
But he has been an inspirational figure for the Irons.
As well as Bale, Parker also pipped Nemanja Vidic, Carlos Tevez and Charlie Adam.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season