Get crafty at ‘The Big Stitch Up’ in Canning Town
Two Newham residents are hoping a diverse bunch will get crafty with them at their free community arts and crafts event.
Rosemary Maxwell, from Plaistow, and Jan Dewhurst, originally from Silvertown, are hoping to bring all ages and abilities together for ‘The Big Stitch Up’ at the Garden Cafe in Cundy Road, Canning Town.
Young and old, the expertly crafty and beginners are invited to come along and make small items such as phone cases, lavender bags, and bunting.
All materials are supplied and small prizes are available for the best efforts but the organisers would also welcome donations of unused scraps of fabric and craft items.
‘The Big Stitch Up’ was one of many projects awarded �250 through Newham Council’s ‘Get the Party Started Scheme’ and organiser Jan said she managed to buy a small sewing machine, fabrics, and a decent pair of scissors with the grant.
You may also want to watch:
For free tea and coffee and friendly conversation, get crafty at ‘The Big Stitch Up’ from 5pm at the Garden Cafe, 7 Cundy Road, Canning Town, E16, on Wednesday September 19.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham