Get crafty at ‘The Big Stitch Up’ in Canning Town
Two Newham residents are hoping a diverse bunch will get crafty with them at their free community arts and crafts event.
Rosemary Maxwell, from Plaistow, and Jan Dewhurst, originally from Silvertown, are hoping to bring all ages and abilities together for ‘The Big Stitch Up’ at the Garden Cafe in Cundy Road, Canning Town.
Young and old, the expertly crafty and beginners are invited to come along and make small items such as phone cases, lavender bags, and bunting.
All materials are supplied and small prizes are available for the best efforts but the organisers would also welcome donations of unused scraps of fabric and craft items.
‘The Big Stitch Up’ was one of many projects awarded �250 through Newham Council’s ‘Get the Party Started Scheme’ and organiser Jan said she managed to buy a small sewing machine, fabrics, and a decent pair of scissors with the grant.
You may also want to watch:
For free tea and coffee and friendly conversation, get crafty at ‘The Big Stitch Up’ from 5pm at the Garden Cafe, 7 Cundy Road, Canning Town, E16, on Wednesday September 19.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation