Get crafty at ‘The Big Stitch Up’ in Canning Town
Two Newham residents are hoping a diverse bunch will get crafty with them at their free community arts and crafts event.
Rosemary Maxwell, from Plaistow, and Jan Dewhurst, originally from Silvertown, are hoping to bring all ages and abilities together for ‘The Big Stitch Up’ at the Garden Cafe in Cundy Road, Canning Town.
Young and old, the expertly crafty and beginners are invited to come along and make small items such as phone cases, lavender bags, and bunting.
All materials are supplied and small prizes are available for the best efforts but the organisers would also welcome donations of unused scraps of fabric and craft items.
‘The Big Stitch Up’ was one of many projects awarded �250 through Newham Council’s ‘Get the Party Started Scheme’ and organiser Jan said she managed to buy a small sewing machine, fabrics, and a decent pair of scissors with the grant.
You may also want to watch:
For free tea and coffee and friendly conversation, get crafty at ‘The Big Stitch Up’ from 5pm at the Garden Cafe, 7 Cundy Road, Canning Town, E16, on Wednesday September 19.
- 1 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 9 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 10 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order