O’s snap up Marsh on loan from Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The League Two club have signed the midfielder on loan until January
Leyton Orient have signed midfielder George Marsh on loan from Tottenham Hotspur for the first half of the season.
The O's have been on the look out for a player capable of playing in the middle of the park and one who can put his foot in and the 20-year-old fits the mould.
Interim head coach Ross Embleton revealed after Saturday's goalless draw at home to Stevenage the club were 'very, very, very close' to completing a deal for a new player and this afternoon it was confirmed.
Marsh has already made his debut for Spurs, coming on away to Tranmere Rovers in the FA Cup last season, but is way down the pecking order in N17.
You may also want to watch:
A regularly for the under-23s, the combative midfielder has impressed during the last two pre-season tours.
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino used him during the visit to the United States in 2018 and again this summer, but there are plenty of players in front of him in the first-team of the Premier League club.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
With Orient needing a tough-tackling midfielder, this looks a smart move for both parties and Marsh will hope to make his mark in east London like other Spurs loanees in the past.
Harry Kane didn't fare too badly at Brisbane Road, but the likes of Andros Townsend, Tom Carroll and Paul-Jose M'Poku all made a bigger impression while with the O's.
Marsh could make his Orient debut on Tuesday night away to Mansfield Town, but is no stranger to facing Football League clubs.
Over the past two seasons, the Tottenham academy graduate has featured in matches against AFC Wimbledon, Barnet, Crawley Town, Gillingham, Portsmouth and Oxford United in the Football League Trophy for Spurs' under-23s.