GCSE results rise for Sarah Bonnell School in Stratford
Deborah Albert (pictured) was not the only student pleasantly surprised by her GCSE results at Sarah Bonnell School in Stratford as they celebrated a ‘significant rise’ in GCSE results.
Deborah, who gained two A*s and eight As, joined 63 per cent of students at the girls school in Deanery Road achieving at least five A* to C grades at GCSE including the core subjects of English and Maths while 84 per cent gained at least five A* to Cs in total.
Head teacher Sarah Jacobs said: “We are delighted for our students who have achieved good results this summer, marking a strong improvement on previous attainment.
“For the first time in four years, during which time our results have plateaued at 56 per cent, we have seen a significant rise in the number of students achieving five plus A* to C GCSEs, including Maths and English.
“This reflects the huge amount of dedication and effort from both students and staff during last year.
You may also want to watch:
“I firmly believe that we have also laid the foundations for on-going progress and have every expectation of further improvements next year.”
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan