GCSE results rise for Sarah Bonnell School in Stratford
Deborah Albert (pictured) was not the only student pleasantly surprised by her GCSE results at Sarah Bonnell School in Stratford as they celebrated a ‘significant rise’ in GCSE results.
Deborah, who gained two A*s and eight As, joined 63 per cent of students at the girls school in Deanery Road achieving at least five A* to C grades at GCSE including the core subjects of English and Maths while 84 per cent gained at least five A* to Cs in total.
Head teacher Sarah Jacobs said: “We are delighted for our students who have achieved good results this summer, marking a strong improvement on previous attainment.
“For the first time in four years, during which time our results have plateaued at 56 per cent, we have seen a significant rise in the number of students achieving five plus A* to C GCSEs, including Maths and English.
“This reflects the huge amount of dedication and effort from both students and staff during last year.
“I firmly believe that we have also laid the foundations for on-going progress and have every expectation of further improvements next year.”
- 1 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 5 Play gives young people insight on violence against women
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 8 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Harry Smith and Aaron Drinan forming a strong partnership for Leyton Orient