GCSE results rise for Sarah Bonnell School in Stratford
Deborah Albert (pictured) was not the only student pleasantly surprised by her GCSE results at Sarah Bonnell School in Stratford as they celebrated a ‘significant rise’ in GCSE results.
Deborah, who gained two A*s and eight As, joined 63 per cent of students at the girls school in Deanery Road achieving at least five A* to C grades at GCSE including the core subjects of English and Maths while 84 per cent gained at least five A* to Cs in total.
Head teacher Sarah Jacobs said: “We are delighted for our students who have achieved good results this summer, marking a strong improvement on previous attainment.
“For the first time in four years, during which time our results have plateaued at 56 per cent, we have seen a significant rise in the number of students achieving five plus A* to C GCSEs, including Maths and English.
“This reflects the huge amount of dedication and effort from both students and staff during last year.
You may also want to watch:
“I firmly believe that we have also laid the foundations for on-going progress and have every expectation of further improvements next year.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total