Boy, 16, found dead near Gallions Reach DLR
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year old boy has been found dead near Gallions Reach DLR station.
Police were called by paramedics to reports of an unresponsive male near the station in Atlantis Avenue, Royal Docks, at 8.38am this morning (Tuesday, March 3).
A Met spokeswoman said: "The male was pronounced dead at the scene. At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained."
Officers remain at the scene and enquiries continue.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We were called at 8:34am this morning to reports of an incident in Atlantis Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent a medic in a car and two incident response officers to the scene. Sadly, a man was pronounced dead at the scene."
Josh Szavo, who works in the area, said: "I've never come across any trouble down here. You don't see people hanging around here at night just people getting off the DLR. This makes you feel insecure."
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 3 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
The station has been closed while officers carry out their investigation.