Gallions pupils pulling the strings
GALLIONS Primary School has raised an amazing �2,600 to buy instruments for their music programme in a grand winter draw.
The Gallions Music Programme gives every child in the school in Warwall, East Beckton, the opportunity to learn to play a stringed instrument.
Gallions is aiming to raise �50,000 to continue to develop the scheme over the next year.
The school is using a shopping website, featuring major retailers such as Amazon, Tesco and Marks & Spencer, to boost its fundraising efforts.
A percentage of the price of goods on the site is donated to the programme.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up, visit www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/gallionsprimary.
Web users can also contribute by using a Gallions search engine that can be found at www.gallionsprimary.easysearch.org.uk.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
For every completed search the school will get a small donation.
Gallions is aiming to have 200 members of the scheme by the end of this month and 500 by the end of July.
By using this link, www.easyfundraising.org.uk/referral/34208, other schools, charities and Scout groups can join the website and Gallions will benefit by getting 15 per cent of all they earn for recommending them.
The school is hoping to have made 25 recommendations by the end of this month and 50 by the end of July.