Gallions pupils pulling the strings
GALLIONS Primary School has raised an amazing �2,600 to buy instruments for their music programme in a grand winter draw.
The Gallions Music Programme gives every child in the school in Warwall, East Beckton, the opportunity to learn to play a stringed instrument.
Gallions is aiming to raise �50,000 to continue to develop the scheme over the next year.
The school is using a shopping website, featuring major retailers such as Amazon, Tesco and Marks & Spencer, to boost its fundraising efforts.
A percentage of the price of goods on the site is donated to the programme.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up, visit www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/gallionsprimary.
Web users can also contribute by using a Gallions search engine that can be found at www.gallionsprimary.easysearch.org.uk.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
For every completed search the school will get a small donation.
Gallions is aiming to have 200 members of the scheme by the end of this month and 500 by the end of July.
By using this link, www.easyfundraising.org.uk/referral/34208, other schools, charities and Scout groups can join the website and Gallions will benefit by getting 15 per cent of all they earn for recommending them.
The school is hoping to have made 25 recommendations by the end of this month and 50 by the end of July.