Gallery: Fun in the sun at Newham Mayor’s Show
- Credit: Archant
Did you attend the Newham Mayor’s Show over the weekend? See if you can find yourself in our gallery of pictures below.
A record crowd of 50,000 people flocked to East Ham Central Park over two days for the borough’s biggest free annual free event, the Newham Mayor’s Show.
This year’s theme was 50 years of Newham as the borough marks five decades since it was created in 1965.
The annual carnival saw 2,000 schoolchildren from 22 schools showcase their own interpretation of the anniversary.
Sir Robin Wales, Mayor of Newham, said: “The show keeps going from strength to strength with this year’s being the biggest and best ever.”
You may also want to watch:
Click on the gallery above to see if you’re in one of our pictures.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines