Fundraising website helps pay for care at Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising website is helping a hospice raise money to care for terminally ill children.
Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton earns cash donations when people register to support them on www.easyfundraising.org.uk and shop online through the site.
The hospice started using the website last year and so far more than 100 supporters have signed up. So far £550 has been raised which will pay for a day’s care for a child at the hospice.
The hospice supports 300 families with children with life-limiting illnesses in North East and Central London,
Many of the children using the hospice require 24 hours care and a day at the hospice means families can spend together.
You may also want to watch:
The hospice is one of thousands of causes across the UK to benefit from the £5 million in donations made through easyfundraising, with more than half a million supporters signed up to the site.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 6 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 7 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 8 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Antonio and Rice fire West Ham to win over Dinamo Zagreb in Europa League