Fundraising website helps pay for care at Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising website is helping a hospice raise money to care for terminally ill children.
Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton earns cash donations when people register to support them on www.easyfundraising.org.uk and shop online through the site.
The hospice started using the website last year and so far more than 100 supporters have signed up. So far £550 has been raised which will pay for a day’s care for a child at the hospice.
The hospice supports 300 families with children with life-limiting illnesses in North East and Central London,
Many of the children using the hospice require 24 hours care and a day at the hospice means families can spend together.
You may also want to watch:
The hospice is one of thousands of causes across the UK to benefit from the £5 million in donations made through easyfundraising, with more than half a million supporters signed up to the site.
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike