Fundraising Christmas party thrown for hospice in Beckton
A charitable organisation is putting on a fundraising Christmas party in aid of London’s oldest children’s hospice in Beckton.
The party billed as the IT Industry’s Christmas event is being organised by The Pink Elephant, which raised more than �270,000 for charity since it was set up in 1990.
All money raised from the event will go to individual charities, with Richard House one of this year’s main beneficiaries.
Community fundraiser for Richard House, Hannah Bosley, said: “It’s great to be involved with the Pink Elephant Party and we appreciate all their support, particularly at this festive time of the year.
“Anyone who buys their party tickets through the Richard House website will be donating to one of East London’s best-known charities.
You may also want to watch:
Although billed as an IT industry event the party is open for anyone to attend at The Cape, near Moorgate, in the City of London, from 6pm on November 15. The evening includes a raffle and live auction.
Visit www.richardhouse.org.uk/pink-elephant-party to buy tickets.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 4 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services