Fundraising Christmas party thrown for hospice in Beckton
A charitable organisation is putting on a fundraising Christmas party in aid of London’s oldest children’s hospice in Beckton.
The party billed as the IT Industry’s Christmas event is being organised by The Pink Elephant, which raised more than �270,000 for charity since it was set up in 1990.
All money raised from the event will go to individual charities, with Richard House one of this year’s main beneficiaries.
Community fundraiser for Richard House, Hannah Bosley, said: “It’s great to be involved with the Pink Elephant Party and we appreciate all their support, particularly at this festive time of the year.
“Anyone who buys their party tickets through the Richard House website will be donating to one of East London’s best-known charities.
Although billed as an IT industry event the party is open for anyone to attend at The Cape, near Moorgate, in the City of London, from 6pm on November 15. The evening includes a raffle and live auction.
Visit www.richardhouse.org.uk/pink-elephant-party to buy tickets.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 5 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay