Fundraising Christmas party thrown for hospice in Beckton
A charitable organisation is putting on a fundraising Christmas party in aid of London’s oldest children’s hospice in Beckton.
The party billed as the IT Industry’s Christmas event is being organised by The Pink Elephant, which raised more than �270,000 for charity since it was set up in 1990.
All money raised from the event will go to individual charities, with Richard House one of this year’s main beneficiaries.
Community fundraiser for Richard House, Hannah Bosley, said: “It’s great to be involved with the Pink Elephant Party and we appreciate all their support, particularly at this festive time of the year.
“Anyone who buys their party tickets through the Richard House website will be donating to one of East London’s best-known charities.
You may also want to watch:
Although billed as an IT industry event the party is open for anyone to attend at The Cape, near Moorgate, in the City of London, from 6pm on November 15. The evening includes a raffle and live auction.
Visit www.richardhouse.org.uk/pink-elephant-party to buy tickets.
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more