Fundraiser for Home-Start Newham
An organisation that helps support families in Newham is holding a fundraising event tomorrow.
The event will take place from 10.30am until 2.30pm at the Hartley Centre at 267 Barking Road, East Ham.
It will include children’s books, toys, household producst at reduced prices as well as cakes, raffles and various other stalls.
East Ham MP Stephen Timms, who became the organisations’ patron in July 2011, is expected to attend.
Home-Start Newham was set up in Newham since 1989, supporting families who have at least one child that is under five years old.
You may also want to watch:
Its aim is to improve the quality of life and the life chances of disadvantaged parents and children, through recruiting and training local parents to support families in their own homes.
The money raised will help Home-Start Newham to support families in Newham as it has no core funding secured.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen