Fundraiser for Home-Start Newham
An organisation that helps support families in Newham is holding a fundraising event tomorrow.
The event will take place from 10.30am until 2.30pm at the Hartley Centre at 267 Barking Road, East Ham.
It will include children’s books, toys, household producst at reduced prices as well as cakes, raffles and various other stalls.
East Ham MP Stephen Timms, who became the organisations’ patron in July 2011, is expected to attend.
Home-Start Newham was set up in Newham since 1989, supporting families who have at least one child that is under five years old.
You may also want to watch:
Its aim is to improve the quality of life and the life chances of disadvantaged parents and children, through recruiting and training local parents to support families in their own homes.
The money raised will help Home-Start Newham to support families in Newham as it has no core funding secured.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case