Funday and air show on the way
Organisers of this year’s fun day at London City Airport are reminding everyone to save the date - July 2 - as it will be hosting the annual event on that day.
The show will be the highlight of the annual event that always raises money for a good cause.
Taking place at the Royals Business Park, the Fun Day is now in its 15th year and is one of the largest community events in east London.
It will take place on Saturday, July 2 from 1.30pm to 6pm. It will offer free entry to visitors who can enjoy a variety of sport related activities, sideshows and inflatable play areas for children in addition to London’s only air show.
Organiers are also looking for people to apply to the the “East London’s Got Talent” competition (details on the poster).
You may also want to watch:
Tricia Handley, marketing and communications director of the airport, said: “Our Fun Day team is committed to providing a spectacular family day out.
“There are a number of exciting plans in the works which the team will be announcing over the next few weeks. Visitors interested in a sneak preiew of events can visit www.funday2011.com.”
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
The event, which attracts well over 20,000 visitors, is in aid of Beckton-based Richard House Children’s Hospice, which provides care and respite to children with life-limiting conditions.