Funday and air show on the way
Organisers of this year’s fun day at London City Airport are reminding everyone to save the date - July 2 - as it will be hosting the annual event on that day.
The show will be the highlight of the annual event that always raises money for a good cause.
Taking place at the Royals Business Park, the Fun Day is now in its 15th year and is one of the largest community events in east London.
It will take place on Saturday, July 2 from 1.30pm to 6pm. It will offer free entry to visitors who can enjoy a variety of sport related activities, sideshows and inflatable play areas for children in addition to London’s only air show.
Organiers are also looking for people to apply to the the “East London’s Got Talent” competition (details on the poster).
You may also want to watch:
Tricia Handley, marketing and communications director of the airport, said: “Our Fun Day team is committed to providing a spectacular family day out.
“There are a number of exciting plans in the works which the team will be announcing over the next few weeks. Visitors interested in a sneak preiew of events can visit www.funday2011.com.”
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
The event, which attracts well over 20,000 visitors, is in aid of Beckton-based Richard House Children’s Hospice, which provides care and respite to children with life-limiting conditions.