Funday and air show on the way
Organisers of this year’s fun day at London City Airport are reminding everyone to save the date - July 2 - as it will be hosting the annual event on that day.
The show will be the highlight of the annual event that always raises money for a good cause.
Taking place at the Royals Business Park, the Fun Day is now in its 15th year and is one of the largest community events in east London.
It will take place on Saturday, July 2 from 1.30pm to 6pm. It will offer free entry to visitors who can enjoy a variety of sport related activities, sideshows and inflatable play areas for children in addition to London’s only air show.
Organiers are also looking for people to apply to the the “East London’s Got Talent” competition (details on the poster).
You may also want to watch:
Tricia Handley, marketing and communications director of the airport, said: “Our Fun Day team is committed to providing a spectacular family day out.
“There are a number of exciting plans in the works which the team will be announcing over the next few weeks. Visitors interested in a sneak preiew of events can visit www.funday2011.com.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
The event, which attracts well over 20,000 visitors, is in aid of Beckton-based Richard House Children’s Hospice, which provides care and respite to children with life-limiting conditions.