Funday and air show on the way
Organisers of this year’s fun day at London City Airport are reminding everyone to save the date - July 2 - as it will be hosting the annual event on that day.
The show will be the highlight of the annual event that always raises money for a good cause.
Taking place at the Royals Business Park, the Fun Day is now in its 15th year and is one of the largest community events in east London.
It will take place on Saturday, July 2 from 1.30pm to 6pm. It will offer free entry to visitors who can enjoy a variety of sport related activities, sideshows and inflatable play areas for children in addition to London’s only air show.
Organiers are also looking for people to apply to the the “East London’s Got Talent” competition (details on the poster).
Tricia Handley, marketing and communications director of the airport, said: “Our Fun Day team is committed to providing a spectacular family day out.
“There are a number of exciting plans in the works which the team will be announcing over the next few weeks. Visitors interested in a sneak preiew of events can visit www.funday2011.com.”
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 7 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Man found on fire in East Ham park dies
- 10 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
The event, which attracts well over 20,000 visitors, is in aid of Beckton-based Richard House Children’s Hospice, which provides care and respite to children with life-limiting conditions.