Full details of Newham’s Remembrance Services
DETAILS have been revealed of the Remembrance Sunday service at All Saints’ Church, Church Street, Stratford, will begin at 10.45am on Sunday November 14.
It will be attended by West Ham MP Lyn Brown, who will read a lesson, and the Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales.
In his sermon, the Vicar, the Rev Stennett Kirby, is expected to comment on the anger expressed by some parents whose children have been killed serving in the armed forces in Afghanistan.
Members of Newham’s Royal British Legion will also be joined by politicians, civic dignitaries, uniformed youth groups and families of the Fallen at other Services of Remembrance this week.
On Wednesday at 11am NHS staff will gather at Newham General Hospital in Glen Road, Plaistow.
You may also want to watch:
Details of other major services on Sunday at 11am are: The Cenotaph, Central Park, East Ham, following a march from the Town Hall, High Street South (10.30am); St Mark’s Church, North Woolwich Road, Silvertown, after parade at the Royal British Legion Club at 14 Constance Street at 10am and the war memorial opposite the St Luke’s Centre in Tarling Road, Custom House.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking