Full details of Newham’s Remembrance Services
DETAILS have been revealed of the Remembrance Sunday service at All Saints’ Church, Church Street, Stratford, will begin at 10.45am on Sunday November 14.
It will be attended by West Ham MP Lyn Brown, who will read a lesson, and the Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales.
In his sermon, the Vicar, the Rev Stennett Kirby, is expected to comment on the anger expressed by some parents whose children have been killed serving in the armed forces in Afghanistan.
Members of Newham’s Royal British Legion will also be joined by politicians, civic dignitaries, uniformed youth groups and families of the Fallen at other Services of Remembrance this week.
On Wednesday at 11am NHS staff will gather at Newham General Hospital in Glen Road, Plaistow.
You may also want to watch:
Details of other major services on Sunday at 11am are: The Cenotaph, Central Park, East Ham, following a march from the Town Hall, High Street South (10.30am); St Mark’s Church, North Woolwich Road, Silvertown, after parade at the Royal British Legion Club at 14 Constance Street at 10am and the war memorial opposite the St Luke’s Centre in Tarling Road, Custom House.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel