Friends take part in endurance challenge for Stratford charity
- Credit: Vickie Flores
Three friends will be taking part in three endurance events over the coming months to raise money for a Stratford based charity.
Teacher Justin Eniola, 22, and his friends Adrian Packer, 23, and Richard Verrall, 23, will individually take part in one event each to fundraise for Leprosy Outreach in a bid to raise £3,000.
Justin will cycle 109 miles through the Scottish highlands in July, while Adrian will run the Paris marathon next month and Richard will take part in the Olympic Triathlon in June.
Justin, who lives in High Street, Stratford, said: “We just wanted to do something to raise money for the charity but have somehow ended up doing three different events. We’re really excited but it’s going to be hard work.
“It will be great to raise awareness on the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
The friends will also film all three events to make a short film about the charity.
Adrian added: “We want to create a short three minute video about our journey, the endurance events and the charity in the hope of increasing its profile.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Leprosy Outreach aims to help raise the living standards of people living in leper colonies in Nigeria.