Friday fun under Canning Town flyover
- Credit: Archant
The A13 flyover probably isn’t the first place you’d think of going to on a Friday night, but that could change this summer.
Arts enterprise The Brick Box and Newham Council have teamed up to create the A13 Green project, back for a second year.
The launch night featured a bar, food, games and music in the space opposite Canning Town station.
Future evenings will see storytellers, bands and a Brazilian choir entertain the crowds.
Eleanor Barrett, co-director and founder of The Brick Box, said: “We’re delighted to be reinstating the A13 Green.
“We’re designing a programme of activities which will celebrate the unique qualities of Canning Town and the people that live here.”
The A13 Green will run between 6pm and 10pm every Friday until September 12.
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure