Try a French fry milkshake at this Stratford food market this weekend
- Credit: Garry Maclennan
A French fry-flavoured milkshake - made with actual potato - will be exclusively available at a street food market in Stratford this weekend.
You can try the salty-sweet concoction, which is inspired by some people’s habit of dipping fries into milkshakes, at the E20 Street Food Market in East Village from noon to 6pm on Saturday, July 31.
East Village will be giving away 250 free milkshakes throughout the day.
The shake is made from vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, cream, a dash of salt and potatoes - and even comes with chocolate-coated French fries for dipping.
Eoin Thomas, who is community and events lead at Get Living’s East Village, said: “We pride ourselves in putting on incredible events for our residents and neighbours, and we’re thrilled to be back, in-person, hosting such a great event for the food lovers of east London.
You may also want to watch:
“If the legendary French fry milkshake doesn’t tickle your tastebuds, we guarantee you’ll find something tasty to fill your plate.”
For those not brave enough to try the shake, there will be more than a dozen other food stalls and trucks offering everything from Sri Lankan, Italian, Lebanese and Thai cuisine to pulled meat wraps, pizza, burgers, bagels and cinnamon buns.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
There’s also a bar for those who want to follow up the milkshake with a more typical beverage.
The street food market is free and open to everyone in Victory Parade in East Village.
The residential neighbourhood next to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park was previously the athlete's village for the 2012 London Olympic Games.
Visit https://www.getliving.com/events/ for more information.