Freedom Pass users reminded to renew online
- Credit: photo: Arnaud Stephenson
Elderly commuters are being urged to renew Freedom Passes online ahead of their expiration on March 31.
More than 860,000 older persons’ passes are set to expire at the end of March.
And more than 75 per cent of users have already renewed, with 74pc doing so online using the redesigned website.
“We’re really pleased so many pass holders chose to renew online and the feedback we received on this method was overwhelmingly positive,” said Julian Bell, chair of London Councils’ Transport and Environment Committee.
Of those who chose to renew online, nearly 11pc had not used the internet before.
More than 250,000 passes have already been sent and around 100,000 are being delivered to users each week.
But Julian Bell is reminding commuters they must register soon if they wish to avoid disruption.
- 1 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 2 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 5 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 6 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 7 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 8 We want everyone to contribute says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
“Everyone who renews by the end of February will receive their new pass before their current pass runs out at the end of March,” he said.
For more details, visit freedompass.org or call 0300 330 1433.