Freedom Pass users reminded to renew online
- Credit: photo: Arnaud Stephenson
Elderly commuters are being urged to renew Freedom Passes online ahead of their expiration on March 31.
More than 860,000 older persons’ passes are set to expire at the end of March.
And more than 75 per cent of users have already renewed, with 74pc doing so online using the redesigned website.
“We’re really pleased so many pass holders chose to renew online and the feedback we received on this method was overwhelmingly positive,” said Julian Bell, chair of London Councils’ Transport and Environment Committee.
Of those who chose to renew online, nearly 11pc had not used the internet before.
You may also want to watch:
More than 250,000 passes have already been sent and around 100,000 are being delivered to users each week.
But Julian Bell is reminding commuters they must register soon if they wish to avoid disruption.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
“Everyone who renews by the end of February will receive their new pass before their current pass runs out at the end of March,” he said.
For more details, visit freedompass.org or call 0300 330 1433.