Free stress buster fitness classes for Newham’s students
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s schools, colleges and university campuses are full of stressed students during the annual exam season.
But for those needing a break in their revision schedules, free exam stress buster exercise classes are being put on to help students deal with the pressures.
The sessions take place between 11am and 12pm every Tuesday and Thursday until July 24, and will include a range of activities from zumba to rugby fit camp.
Held in New Beckton Park, they are being run as part of the ParkLives programme to get people active and enjoying Newham’s green spaces.
David Cosford, director of sport at the University of East London, said : “It’s easy for students to let stress get the better of them during finals time, so having a free session like this is a great way for students to take their minds off exams and revision – if only for an hour.”
You may also want to watch:
The stress buster sessions are open to anyone, regardless of ability, who is studying for exams this summer.
Click here to sign up.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham