Free service in Plaistow to beat number plate theft
- Credit: Archant
A car dealership is offering free anti-tamper screws to combat an increase in number plate thefts.
Dagenham Motors in Plaistow has teamed up with the police to offer the service on February 6 to protect a car’s identity and help prevent petrol station drive-offs and speeding ticket evasion.
Stolen number plates are also used by criminals to provide a false identity for vehicles used in fuel thefts, road tax and insurance avoidance, and burglaries.
Chf Sup Gary Buttercase said: “Theft of number plates is not only illegal; it causes huge inconvenience for the owner of the vehicle.
“We are extremely grateful for the support that Dagenham Motors are providing in our efforts to combat this problem.
You may also want to watch:
“The tamper-proof screws will make it much harder for number plates to be stolen.”
Howard Clifforth, general manager at Dagenham Motors, said: “Swapping out standard screws for the anti-tamper variety is a very quick, yet effective way to deter number plate thieves and we’re very pleased to be able to provide this free service to local motorists.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
To get anti-tamper screws for your number plates, visit Dagenham Motors on Plaistow Road from 9am to 5pm on February 6 or call 020 8534 7661.