Free lifesaving skills course at NewVIc
- Credit: Archant
Could you save a person’s life in an emergency?
A series of free courses run by the British Heart Foundation, in conjunction with Newham Council, aims to teach more people how to do just that.
The Heartstart sessions teach participants how to save the lives of those who are choking, bleeding heavily or suffering heart attacks.
They are held at NewVIc College in Prince Regent Lane between 2pm and 3.30pm every Wednesday until December 16, and then again between January 20 and February 10.
There are limited spaces available on each date.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to book, email habiba.aliASC@newham.gov.uk
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley