Free festival celebrates Stratford’s arts and culture scene
- Credit: Archant
Stratford’s cultural scene will come alive in a free two-day celebration for all the family next weeked.
The Stratford Rising Festival, on September 7 and 8, will see the Cultural Quarter in Theatre Square turn into a giant pop-up playground with an arts programme showcasing a wide range of performances and activities.
Well-established favourites such as Theatre Royal Stratford East, the Stratford Picturehouse, Stratford Circus, and Discover Story Centre have been involved in creating the festival.
It is also set to feature an exclusive interactive structure designed by Stratford architectural practice Assemble and a series of pop-up games and exhibitions specially created by sponsors East Village, Triathlon Homes, and Get Living London.
One Big Game, a treasure map-based activity pointing out the sights of Stratford, will be distributed locally in the build-up to the festival.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry Michael, artistic director of Theatre Royal Stratford East and chair of Stratford Rising, said: “I am delighted to present what is set to be an extremely exciting festival.
“With so much local talent being recognised internationally, Stratford Rising Festival is a brilliant way to celebrate our home town and provide an event that the whole family can enjoy for free.”
Visit the Stratford Rising Festival website here for full programme details.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property