New editor calls for your views on this paper
- Credit: Danny Loo
No one can deny that the last year has been very strange. It has been full of grief, helplessness, frustration and, of course, loneliness.
But out of the sadness, a community spirit and kindness has blossomed which I hope will remain long after all this is designated to the history books.
It is in the backdrop of this unprecedented time that I am taking over editorship of Archant's titles in east London and Essex - the Romford Recorder, Ilford Recorder, Newham Recorder, Docklands&East London Advertiser and Barking&Dagenham Post.
To not admit I am nervous would be disingenuous - it is a big job, with large, loyal and amazing communities which I do not want to disappoint.
But I am raring to take on the challenge, alongside the team of dedicated reporters.
You may also want to watch:
We want to champion your causes, celebrate local people, fight to right injustices in the area and inform you of the things that matter in your community.
These things are more important than ever as the whole world continues its battle against Covid-19.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Blind protester jailed for plane stunt at London City Aiport
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
In order to achieve all that, I want to hear from you. What stories are important to you? How could we better serve your community? What do you like about the paper and what do you dislike? How could we improve?
Please, get in touch: Frances.Berry@archant.co.uk