Francesco Becchetti: Russell Slade engineered move away from Leyton Orient
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Leyton Orient owner Francesco Becchetti feels former boss Russell Slade engineered his move away from Brisbane Road.
Slade is currently working as a consultant with Cardiff City ahead of taking over the Bluebirds after resigning from his job with the O’s following the 1-0 loss to Sheffield United in the Capital One Cup.
The former Yeovil manager was subject of a number of approaches from the Welsh club, all of which were rejected by Leyton Orient.
However, Becchetti feels the whole situation has been engineered by Slade after he told the media following the defeat to Colchester United that he had one game to save his job.
“But you know very well that he decided to use the fact that we said something in the changing room,” said Becchetti.
You may also want to watch:
“But in the changing room you can say whatever you want, you are in the family. What is said inside you do not have to use outside.
“Absolutely, it’s clear (that it was engineered). I would prefer that he would come to me and say I have a request from Cardiff and I want to go there.
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
“I think that would be a clear approach but It’s normal if another club in the Championship then it’s not simple to say no but this is the history and nobody can speculate about that.”