Francesco Becchetti: Russell Slade engineered move away from Leyton Orient
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Leyton Orient owner Francesco Becchetti feels former boss Russell Slade engineered his move away from Brisbane Road.
Slade is currently working as a consultant with Cardiff City ahead of taking over the Bluebirds after resigning from his job with the O’s following the 1-0 loss to Sheffield United in the Capital One Cup.
The former Yeovil manager was subject of a number of approaches from the Welsh club, all of which were rejected by Leyton Orient.
However, Becchetti feels the whole situation has been engineered by Slade after he told the media following the defeat to Colchester United that he had one game to save his job.
“But you know very well that he decided to use the fact that we said something in the changing room,” said Becchetti.
“But in the changing room you can say whatever you want, you are in the family. What is said inside you do not have to use outside.
“Absolutely, it’s clear (that it was engineered). I would prefer that he would come to me and say I have a request from Cardiff and I want to go there.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 4 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 5 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 6 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 7 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 8 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 9 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
“I think that would be a clear approach but It’s normal if another club in the Championship then it’s not simple to say no but this is the history and nobody can speculate about that.”