Fox with head stuck in plastic bottle rescued in Plaistow
- Credit: RSPCA
The RSPCA has urged people not to litter after rescuing a fox with its head stuck in a plastic bottle in Plaistow.
A worker in a carpark in Ladywell Street called for help after spotting the stricken animal on Thursday, March 25.
RSPCA animal rescue officer Nick Jonas said: “When I arrived, I was really concerned that the fox might be running out of oxygen, as he’d collapsed in a bush and was breathing very heavily."
The young adult fox is part of a family that lives in the bushes of the carpark.
“He was really scared and I was relieved that I was able to remove the plastic bottle from his head with relative ease,” Mr Jonas said.
“He didn’t appear to have sustained any injuries from his ordeal, so I was able to let him go."
Mr Jonas said the incident highlights how dangerous litter can be to animals.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
To report concerns about an animal, call the RSPCA emergency line on 0300 1234 999.