Fourteen people evacuated after kebab shop blaze in Stratford
- Credit: sub
Fourteen people, including six children, had to be evacuated by firefighters when a fire broke out in a Stratford kebab shop.
Ten people, including six children, were led to safety from the flats above the shop, and four staff from the kebab shop on the Grove were also evacuated last Friday,.
A woman and baby were treated on the scene for minor smoke inhalation.
The fire damaged the takeaway’s ventilation system, part of the shop’s ceiling and a small part of a first floor flat above the shop.
The Brigade was called at 9.24pm and the fire was under control by 00.24am Four fire engines, 21 firefighters and officers from Stratford and Bow fire stations attended the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The fire is believed to have been caused after a charcoal barbecue ignited fat in the takeaway’s ducting.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses