Four teenagers charged with murder over Stratford station death
- Credit: Archant
Four teenage boys have been charged with murdering a 53-year-old in Stratford station on Tuesday evening.
Two 14-year-olds, a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old, all from Ilford, appeared at Stratford Youth Court today over the incident which brought the walkways of the station to a standstill.
Police were called at 5.18pm on Tuesday evening to reports of an assault.
The victim, John Francis Breen, was taken to hospital, but died yesterday afternoon as a result of his injuries.
British Transport Police have since opened a murder investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The four teenagers have been remanded in custody and are due to appear at the Old Bailey at 9.30am on Monday.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford