Four teenagers charged with murder over Stratford station death
- Credit: Archant
Four teenage boys have been charged with murdering a 53-year-old in Stratford station on Tuesday evening.
Two 14-year-olds, a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old, all from Ilford, appeared at Stratford Youth Court today over the incident which brought the walkways of the station to a standstill.
Police were called at 5.18pm on Tuesday evening to reports of an assault.
The victim, John Francis Breen, was taken to hospital, but died yesterday afternoon as a result of his injuries.
British Transport Police have since opened a murder investigation.
The four teenagers have been remanded in custody and are due to appear at the Old Bailey at 9.30am on Monday.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
- 5 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 6 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 7 Free waffles for first customers at Royal Wharf Creams Café
- 8 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 9 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'