Four taken to hospital after police chase in Plaistow
FOUR people, three of them police officers, have been taken to hospital after two police vehicles and a car were involved in an incident in Plaistow this evening.
The incident began shortly before 7pm after a member of the public alerted police that two men were trying to break into cars in Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow.
Officers arrived at the scene and tried to stop the men breaking into a black BMW. But they made off in the vehicle and were stopped in Elkington Road, Plaistow.
“The driver of the BMW then reversed into the police response car twice, disabling the car and reversed out of the road, “ said a Scotland Yard spokesman. “But it was then involved in an accident in Lincoln Road where it was involved in an accident with a police van.”
Officers have now taped off the area around Lincoln Road and Cumberland Road, which is at the back of Plaistow Police station.
You may also want to watch:
The police van had been involved in an operation in Newham earlier as part of the Operation Blunt initiative to combat knife crime.
The occupants of the stolen car were arrested. One was taken to a police station, the other was arrested and taken to hospital with head injuries. Three police officers have also been taken to hospital, suffering from cuts and bruises.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross