Four international fugitives may be in Newham
- Credit: MPS
Four of the Metropolitan Police’s most wanted foreign fugitives may be hiding out in Newham.
Police are now appealing for the public’s help to trace the foreign nationals as part of Operation Sunfire.
Janusz Kedziora, also known as Michal Kraqczyk, has ten years imprisonment to serve in his home country of Poland.
In March 2005, he carried out five robberies and one attempted robbery, with he and his co-conspirators breaking a man’s teeth while robbing him of beer.
In February 2007, he and a juvenile burgled a restaurant, while later that month he was involved in an attack on a man who sustained a broken nose. Two months later, he and a number of others attacked a man with tear gas before punching and kicking him and stealing his mobile phone and cash.
You may also want to watch:
Kedziora, 28, is also due to serve time for damaging motor vehicles.
Police believe he could be living on the streets in Newham or Waltham Forest.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
Mariusz Kuliga, 21, is wanted by Polish authorities in connection with five armed robberies in March 2013.
Employees were threatened with a replica gun, and on three occasions the suspect managed to get money.
In one incident he left empty-handed after a victim staunchly refused to give into his demands, despite him hitting her in the face.
Kuliga is a Polish national with known links to Barking and Dagenham, Newham and Essex.
Police are also appealing for help in locating 52-year-old Octavian Medeleanu who is wanted by Romanian authorities in connection with people trafficking.
Between July 2006 and July 2007, a number of women were threatened with violence and trafficked to the UK, where they were sexually exploited, being forced or coerced into prostitution.
He has been linked to Barking and Dagenham, Newham and Haringey.
Latvian police investigating the gang rape of a woman in October 2010 want to speak to Roland Ostvalds.
The 24-year-old has links to Newham, Havering, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets.
Detective Sergeant Peter Rance, of the Met’s Extradition Unit, said: “We believe that these people are dangerous, so taking them out of our communities and putting them before the courts is of paramount importance.
“I urge the public to look closely at these pictures. Do you recognise these men? It may be that they live next door to you, or you see them regularly elsewhere in your community.”
If you recognise these men, you are asked not to approach them but to call 999 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.