Four ‘Boris bikes’ docking stations approved for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
It’s time to get on your bike as four Santander Cycle docking stations have been approved for installation in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The London Legacy Development Corporation agreed to the applications by Transport for London to expand the popular cycle hire scheme.
It allows cyclists to collect a bike from one of around 750 docking stations across London and return it to the same or another station for a small charge.
The four stations, the first to be installed in Newham, will feature a combined maximum of 135 docking spaces and each have a payment terminal attached.
One will be situated adjacent to Lee Valley VeloPark, another to the east of the ArcelorMittal Orbit, a third by the Copper Box Arena and the fourth in Monier Road, providing access to the bikes in different parts of the parks.
You may also want to watch:
Colloquially known as Boris bikes, it is hoped that they will be used by commuters as well as for leisurely rides around the park.
No date has yet been set for the installation of the docking stations.
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
Further applications have been submitted to install docking stations close to the Timber Lodge, in East Village and in Montfichet Road, opposite Westfield Stratford City.