Forward march as Orient head to Bristol Rovers
Slade could be spoilt for choice up front
ORIENT boss Russell Slade will be boosted by the return of on-loan midfielder Paul-Jose Mpoku when they travel to Bristol Rovers on Saturday.
The O’s have not won away in the league since January, but Mpoku, who has been out of action with a hamstring problem, returned to training this week.
“It will be a bonus, as he adds to our quality,” said Slade, who could have a few selection headaches up front.
The O’s boss has played with just one striker in some away games and with Mpoku and Scott McGleish fit again and Jonathan Tehoue back in contention, along with in-form Alex Revell, Slade will be spoilt for choice.
You may also want to watch:
Defender Andrew Whing is also available, he missed last weekend’s Cup game at Dagenham & Redbridge as Brighton did not want him cup-tied.
However, Orient will be without midfielder Adam Chambers, who has had an operation on a troublesome calf injury, while Lee Butcher will continue in goal as Jamie Jones has undergone a hernia operation.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
The 21-year-old keeper has been out of action since being substituted in the game at Oldham at the start of October and has missed the last seven matches.
PREDICTION: Bristol Rovers 1 Leyton Orient 1.