Forward march as Orient head to Bristol Rovers
Slade could be spoilt for choice up front
ORIENT boss Russell Slade will be boosted by the return of on-loan midfielder Paul-Jose Mpoku when they travel to Bristol Rovers on Saturday.
The O’s have not won away in the league since January, but Mpoku, who has been out of action with a hamstring problem, returned to training this week.
“It will be a bonus, as he adds to our quality,” said Slade, who could have a few selection headaches up front.
The O’s boss has played with just one striker in some away games and with Mpoku and Scott McGleish fit again and Jonathan Tehoue back in contention, along with in-form Alex Revell, Slade will be spoilt for choice.
You may also want to watch:
Defender Andrew Whing is also available, he missed last weekend’s Cup game at Dagenham & Redbridge as Brighton did not want him cup-tied.
However, Orient will be without midfielder Adam Chambers, who has had an operation on a troublesome calf injury, while Lee Butcher will continue in goal as Jamie Jones has undergone a hernia operation.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
The 21-year-old keeper has been out of action since being substituted in the game at Oldham at the start of October and has missed the last seven matches.
PREDICTION: Bristol Rovers 1 Leyton Orient 1.