Formula 1 FanZone at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
If you can’t make it to Silverstone for the British Grand Prix then don’t worry - Formula 1 is heading to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park with its FanZone.
For three days, the Grand Prix will be broadcast on large screens in The International Quarter, with fans able to enjoy a variety of themed activities.
Simulators will give fans the chance to experience what it’s like to race around the Silverstone circuit, while you can also get inside a real car and go for a spin on the track.
Once you’ve finished behind the wheel, it’s time to climb to the top of the podium and have your photo taken with a trophy.
If you’ve ever marvelled at the speed pit crews manage to change tyres, you can try and match their times in the pit stop challenge.
Car enthusiasts can browse a collection of iconic vehicles, while you can also meet your idols as drivers will be appearing for autograph sessions over the weekend.
“F1 FanZone is all about bringing Formula 1 out of the paddock and taking it directly to the people,” said founder Carlo Boutagy.
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
“Now anyone in London will be able to share in the excitement of the British Grand Prix.”
The F1 FanZone will be open between 10am and 10pm on July 4-6, with tickets costing £10 standard or £25 VIP, which includes queue jump on driving experiences and a discount on merchandise.
Under 12s can visit for free.