Former West Ham star: We must secure Andy Carroll signing before someone else does
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Ex-Hammer Kenny Brown is a great admirer of the Liverpool loan striker
On the 21st anniversary of his winning goal in a famous 1-0 victory for the Hammers over Manchester United, Kenny Brown spoke exclusively to the Recorder about Andy Carroll.
The former West Ham favourite has urged his former club to do everything they can to retain the services of star striker Andy Carroll.
The £35 million Geordie has impressed since joining the Hammers on a season-long loan from Liverpool and has been involved in five goals in the past four games.
Brown, the lead development coach at League Two club Barnet, has praised the impact made by Carroll who is proving a hit with the Upton Park faithful.
You may also want to watch:
“He gives West Ham that extra edge.” he said. “When he is on his game he is a real handful.”
“The fans have really taken to him, they love someone like that, an old-fashioned number nine and I’m sure the club will want to keep him.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
Brown believes West Ham must act quickly to try and strike terms with Liverpool for Carroll or risk missing out on him.
“If he ends the season like he’s playing now there’s going to be a lot of interest and a number of clubs in for him,” he said. “If they can get him it will be a great coup.”