Former West Ham star: We must secure Andy Carroll signing before someone else does
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Ex-Hammer Kenny Brown is a great admirer of the Liverpool loan striker
On the 21st anniversary of his winning goal in a famous 1-0 victory for the Hammers over Manchester United, Kenny Brown spoke exclusively to the Recorder about Andy Carroll.
The former West Ham favourite has urged his former club to do everything they can to retain the services of star striker Andy Carroll.
The £35 million Geordie has impressed since joining the Hammers on a season-long loan from Liverpool and has been involved in five goals in the past four games.
Brown, the lead development coach at League Two club Barnet, has praised the impact made by Carroll who is proving a hit with the Upton Park faithful.
You may also want to watch:
“He gives West Ham that extra edge.” he said. “When he is on his game he is a real handful.”
“The fans have really taken to him, they love someone like that, an old-fashioned number nine and I’m sure the club will want to keep him.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
Brown believes West Ham must act quickly to try and strike terms with Liverpool for Carroll or risk missing out on him.
“If he ends the season like he’s playing now there’s going to be a lot of interest and a number of clubs in for him,” he said. “If they can get him it will be a great coup.”