Former Newham student hopes to become next supermodel
- Credit: Archant
A former sixth form student is hoping to become the next supermodel after making it to the finals of Naomi Campbell’s reality TV show.
Nadine Mendes, a former student at Newham Sixth Form College, NewVIc, is taking part in The Face TV show where she is competing to become the next face of Max Factor, one of the biggest international cosmetics brands.
In the penultimate episode of the series, Nadine was the only competitor to go into the final automatically, after impressing judges from the world-renowned French fashion label, Longchamps. The show is broadcast on Sky Living HD.
During her time at NewVIc, Nadine studied A-level Spanish and level 3 BTEC extended diploma in travel and tourism. Staff at the college have been supporting her.
Sacha Biscombe, Nadine’s travel and tourism teacher, said: “Nadine was a shy student with a real determination to be a model, while here at NewVIc she participated in the NewVIc Fashion Show modelling the most unique design of the show. She did well on her travel and tourism course working hard to overcome her shyness which paid off with her achieving a distinction grade. We wish Nadine every success and we are proud to see her pursuing her dream.”
You may also want to watch:
NewVIc will be backing Nadine in the final of The Face to fulfil her dreams of becoming the next face of Max Factor, and ultimately the next super model.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k