Former Manchester United teammates to open restaurant in Westfield Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Two of the biggest names in British football are opening a restaurant, which will provide up to 40 new jobs.
Former Manchester United teammates Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs will launch Café Football, on The Street in Westfield Stratford in November.
The 140 seat capacity restaurant will be the first in the UK and will generate a range of jobs for people in the community who are out of work.
The menu will be created by two Michelin star chef Michael Wignall and prepared by executive chef, Brendan Fyldes.
Neville said: “Our aim is to create a dining experience which can be enjoyed by people who love food and love football.”
You may also want to watch:
Giggs added: “We will be operating alongside some of the world’s most famous brands and we’re sure our offering will add something unique to this already fantastic shopping and leisure district.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season