Former Manchester United teammates to open restaurant in Westfield Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Two of the biggest names in British football are opening a restaurant, which will provide up to 40 new jobs.
Former Manchester United teammates Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs will launch Café Football, on The Street in Westfield Stratford in November.
The 140 seat capacity restaurant will be the first in the UK and will generate a range of jobs for people in the community who are out of work.
The menu will be created by two Michelin star chef Michael Wignall and prepared by executive chef, Brendan Fyldes.
Neville said: “Our aim is to create a dining experience which can be enjoyed by people who love food and love football.”
You may also want to watch:
Giggs added: “We will be operating alongside some of the world’s most famous brands and we’re sure our offering will add something unique to this already fantastic shopping and leisure district.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley