Former guvernor of Stratford’s ‘Eddie’ stars at Picture House talk
The event, which is being organised by Newham Bookshop is designed to give locals the chance to talk about the good old days in east London when Eddie ran one of the borough’s most successful pubs.
Eddie recently published a book called Tales From The Two Puddings, which has been a roaring success.
He will be staging “an audience with...” style event with his son Matt at the Picture House from 6.30pm on Wednesday December 5.
Tickets are priced �4 and are available from the Picture House.
Eddie was the star guest on Monday (October 29) on the Robert Elms show on BBC London 94.9 radio and gave a little preview of what can be expected atnthe Stratford event.
You may also want to watch:
Vivian Archer from Newham Bookshop said: “There has been a lot of interest in the book and we have staged similar events with other authors and we have a feeling this will be a great event.”
Eddie has a fund of wonderfully funny and also dark tales from the 60s , 70s, 80s and 90s.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 8 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford