Former guvernor of Stratford’s ‘Eddie’ stars at Picture House talk
The event, which is being organised by Newham Bookshop is designed to give locals the chance to talk about the good old days in east London when Eddie ran one of the borough’s most successful pubs.
Eddie recently published a book called Tales From The Two Puddings, which has been a roaring success.
He will be staging “an audience with...” style event with his son Matt at the Picture House from 6.30pm on Wednesday December 5.
Tickets are priced �4 and are available from the Picture House.
Eddie was the star guest on Monday (October 29) on the Robert Elms show on BBC London 94.9 radio and gave a little preview of what can be expected atnthe Stratford event.
You may also want to watch:
Vivian Archer from Newham Bookshop said: “There has been a lot of interest in the book and we have staged similar events with other authors and we have a feeling this will be a great event.”
Eddie has a fund of wonderfully funny and also dark tales from the 60s , 70s, 80s and 90s.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 6 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 7 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 10 Antonio and Rice fire West Ham to win over Dinamo Zagreb in Europa League