Former favourite Smith will look to upset Orient
Slade starts with a trip to Walsall
Leyton Orient face an intriguing trip to Walsall when the new League One season starts on Saturday, August 6.
Russell Slade’s side, who just missed out on the play-offs last term, travel to the Banks’s Stadium to face a Walsall side who just dodged the drop last season and are managed by former Orient favourite Dean Smith.The O’s have a good chance to start the new campaign with a bang, as their first home game will be against another of last season’s strugglers Tranmere Rovers, when Les Parry’s side travel to the Matchroom Stadium on Saturday, August 13.
Ironically, it was Rovers who were the last visitors to Orient back in April and they ended Slade’s play-off dream with a surprise 3-0.
O’s play two of their first three games at home and entertain newly-promoted Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday, August 16.
You may also want to watch:
There is an early London derby as O’s go to Griffin Park on Saturday August 20 and then travel to Colchester three weeks later.
O’s have little travelling to do over Christmas as they entertain Milton Keynes Dons on Boxing Day and Charlton Athletic on New Year’s Eve, before travelling to newly –promoted Stevenage on Monday, January 2.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
Slade’s side end the season with a home game against Rochdale on Saturday, May 5.