Former favourite Smith will look to upset Orient
Slade starts with a trip to Walsall
Leyton Orient face an intriguing trip to Walsall when the new League One season starts on Saturday, August 6.
Russell Slade’s side, who just missed out on the play-offs last term, travel to the Banks’s Stadium to face a Walsall side who just dodged the drop last season and are managed by former Orient favourite Dean Smith.The O’s have a good chance to start the new campaign with a bang, as their first home game will be against another of last season’s strugglers Tranmere Rovers, when Les Parry’s side travel to the Matchroom Stadium on Saturday, August 13.
Ironically, it was Rovers who were the last visitors to Orient back in April and they ended Slade’s play-off dream with a surprise 3-0.
O’s play two of their first three games at home and entertain newly-promoted Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday, August 16.
There is an early London derby as O’s go to Griffin Park on Saturday August 20 and then travel to Colchester three weeks later.
O’s have little travelling to do over Christmas as they entertain Milton Keynes Dons on Boxing Day and Charlton Athletic on New Year’s Eve, before travelling to newly –promoted Stevenage on Monday, January 2.
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 4 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 5 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 6 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 7 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 8 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 9 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 10 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
Slade’s side end the season with a home game against Rochdale on Saturday, May 5.