Former Dean of St Paul’s preaches at Ascension Day service in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
The former Dean of St Paul’s Cathedral was guest preacher at an Ascension Day Service last night.
Bishop Graeme Knowles, who stepped down from his role at the height of the Occupy London Stock Exchange protests outside the central London landmark, gave a sermon at St Mary Magdalene Church in East Ham.
The Ascension of Jesus is a significant day in the Christian calendar marking the moment when Christ returns to the side of God in heaven.
The Revd Rob Marshall, who was officially licensed at St Bartholomew’s in March, welcomed the Bishop and Revd Quintin Peppiatt, who is responsible for St Mary’s, who put together a special liturgy for the occasion.
Listen out for Team Rector Designate of East Ham Revd Rob Marshall as the contributor on BBC Radio 4’s Thought for the Day tomorrow morning.
You may also want to watch:
You can also follow him on Twitter @robmarshall33 and the rest of the East Ham Parish @easthamteam.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 8 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim