Former Dean of St Paul’s preaches at Ascension Day service in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
The former Dean of St Paul’s Cathedral was guest preacher at an Ascension Day Service last night.
Bishop Graeme Knowles, who stepped down from his role at the height of the Occupy London Stock Exchange protests outside the central London landmark, gave a sermon at St Mary Magdalene Church in East Ham.
The Ascension of Jesus is a significant day in the Christian calendar marking the moment when Christ returns to the side of God in heaven.
The Revd Rob Marshall, who was officially licensed at St Bartholomew’s in March, welcomed the Bishop and Revd Quintin Peppiatt, who is responsible for St Mary’s, who put together a special liturgy for the occasion.
Listen out for Team Rector Designate of East Ham Revd Rob Marshall as the contributor on BBC Radio 4’s Thought for the Day tomorrow morning.
You may also want to watch:
You can also follow him on Twitter @robmarshall33 and the rest of the East Ham Parish @easthamteam.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah