Forest Gate teachers head for facial glory
Four teachers at a Forest Gate primary school are embarking on an epic facial journey to grow the finest moustaches in the borough - all to raise money and awareness for prostate cancer.
Assistant Headteacher Mr Pasola, Year Six teacher Mr Clark, Headteacher Mr Hadlow and Year Four teacher Mr Jones will endure the laughter of their pupils at Shaftesbury Primary School throughout the month of November, or Movember as the charity stunt has been dubbed, to raise funds for men’s health charities including the Prostate Cancer Charity.
Beginning the month clean shaven, above, well wishers can watch the teachers get progressively hairier by reading the daily updates on Mr Pasola’s blog.
On November 2, he wrote: “Slight stubbly thing is emerging under nose. Mr Clark has joined and we all look forward to his struggles. His grandfather is witholding sponsorship until he sees evidence of a tash, he could add the bank interest as well, I suppose.”
Other events being considered in Movember include throwing wet sponges at the participants and a Design Your Own Fancy Tash competition.
You may also want to watch:
Each of the teachers hope to raise �150 each in the name of charity.
To donate to the cause and read Mr Pasola’s blog, visit http://uk.movember.com/mospace/1843052/.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 5 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 6 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences