Forest Gate pre-school raise £350 to Save the Children
- Credit: Archant
Parents and children at a Forest Gate nursery can proudly boast raising £350 in under three hours.
As part of a special day called ‘I Want To Be’ at Tendercubs Pre-school in Earlham Road, participants raised vital funds for Save the Children charity.
Thushari Chelvarooban, 40, the nursery manager said the kids really enjoyed the day and it all went “brilliantly”.
She said the nursery are keen to hold another charity event and added: “We had such generous parents. One mum gave over £150.”
Pirates and fairies were among the costumes worn on the day as the children donned the attire of what they would like to be when they grow up.
You may also want to watch:
The event, which took place on April 30, included two stalls one selling food and another selling donated toys and goodies.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park