Forest Gate pre-school raise £350 to Save the Children
- Credit: Archant
Parents and children at a Forest Gate nursery can proudly boast raising £350 in under three hours.
As part of a special day called ‘I Want To Be’ at Tendercubs Pre-school in Earlham Road, participants raised vital funds for Save the Children charity.
Thushari Chelvarooban, 40, the nursery manager said the kids really enjoyed the day and it all went “brilliantly”.
She said the nursery are keen to hold another charity event and added: “We had such generous parents. One mum gave over £150.”
Pirates and fairies were among the costumes worn on the day as the children donned the attire of what they would like to be when they grow up.
You may also want to watch:
The event, which took place on April 30, included two stalls one selling food and another selling donated toys and goodies.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k