Forest Gate post office closes for refurbishment
The Woodgrange Rooad Post Office will close today for almost three weeks while it is modernised into an open plan branch.
The office at 21-23 Woodgrange Road will re-open on August 19, offering longer opening hours over seven days.
The closure and subsequent refurbishment are part of the Post Office’s plans to modernise the network and extend the opening hours for customers.
Once re-open the Forest Gate Post Office will have six serving positions which will be a mixture of four open-plan counters, one screened serving position and a Post Office serving point provided for use at the retail counter and available during shop opening hours.
While it is being refurbished, customers can use Romford Road Post Office at 444 Romford Road and the Upton Lane Post Office, at 187 Upton Lane, both in Forest Gate.
You may also want to watch:
Will Russell, Post Office Regional Network Manager - South, said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in Forest Gate and we are confident that this new modern Post Office service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'