Forest Gate post office closes for refurbishment
The Woodgrange Rooad Post Office will close today for almost three weeks while it is modernised into an open plan branch.
The office at 21-23 Woodgrange Road will re-open on August 19, offering longer opening hours over seven days.
The closure and subsequent refurbishment are part of the Post Office’s plans to modernise the network and extend the opening hours for customers.
Once re-open the Forest Gate Post Office will have six serving positions which will be a mixture of four open-plan counters, one screened serving position and a Post Office serving point provided for use at the retail counter and available during shop opening hours.
While it is being refurbished, customers can use Romford Road Post Office at 444 Romford Road and the Upton Lane Post Office, at 187 Upton Lane, both in Forest Gate.
You may also want to watch:
Will Russell, Post Office Regional Network Manager - South, said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in Forest Gate and we are confident that this new modern Post Office service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory