Forest Gate mums open new deli and pizzeria
- Credit: Archant
A pair of enterprising mums will open their own deli and pizzeria round the corner from their Forest Gate homes this morning.
Misty Cudahy, 35, of Woodford Road, and Bethany Chellingworth, 31, of Osborne Road, will unveil Corner Kitchen in Woodgrange Road – created to aid their love of artisan food and drink.
Opening for breakfast, lunch and pizza every day of the week, it will also host a range of weekly classes.
Chef Sophie Downer, from East Ham, will make everything from granola to chutney on-site from local producers.
“We felt the high street was missing something so put our heads together and came up with the concept in early 2015,” said Misty.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s based on the original corner shop idea, where after the [Second World] war they became places for the community to go out to and meet during the day.
“It’s really exciting to be opening in Forest Gate, but we’re also hoping to attract people from further afield like East Ham and Leyton.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
A delicatessen by day and a pizza restaurant by night, the kitchen will employ 20 people – the majority from Forest Gate.
Balancing the business around Misty’s six-month-old boy Atlas and Bethany’s two-year-old girl Penelope, the pair’s family-friendly cafe will feature a special children’s area. But this is just the start.
“We’d like to get this perfect, then we’ll be on the hunt for another prime corner location in Newham,” said Bethany.