Forest Gate mums open new deli and pizzeria
- Credit: Archant
A pair of enterprising mums will open their own deli and pizzeria round the corner from their Forest Gate homes this morning.
Misty Cudahy, 35, of Woodford Road, and Bethany Chellingworth, 31, of Osborne Road, will unveil Corner Kitchen in Woodgrange Road – created to aid their love of artisan food and drink.
Opening for breakfast, lunch and pizza every day of the week, it will also host a range of weekly classes.
Chef Sophie Downer, from East Ham, will make everything from granola to chutney on-site from local producers.
“We felt the high street was missing something so put our heads together and came up with the concept in early 2015,” said Misty.
“It’s based on the original corner shop idea, where after the [Second World] war they became places for the community to go out to and meet during the day.
“It’s really exciting to be opening in Forest Gate, but we’re also hoping to attract people from further afield like East Ham and Leyton.”
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 3 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 4 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
A delicatessen by day and a pizza restaurant by night, the kitchen will employ 20 people – the majority from Forest Gate.
Balancing the business around Misty’s six-month-old boy Atlas and Bethany’s two-year-old girl Penelope, the pair’s family-friendly cafe will feature a special children’s area. But this is just the start.
“We’d like to get this perfect, then we’ll be on the hunt for another prime corner location in Newham,” said Bethany.