Forest Gate GPs retire after comined service of 46 years
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of patients at a doctor’s surgery have said goodbye to two GPs who have retired after decades of working in the borough.
Dr Kiran Sinha and Dr Sarah Wood have both taken early retirement from the Claremont Clinic in Romford Road, Forest Gate where they have served thousands of patients.
Now they have said farewell to some of their oldest patients at parties held at the surgery.
Dr Sinha, 58, who has been working for the surgery for 18 years, said she was looking forward to pursuing other interests related to healthcare. She is particularly interested in acupuncture and setting up a not-for-profit organisation.
She said although she was taking early retirement, her patients understood her reasons.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Wood, 57, has spent more than 28 years working in Newham. She is also planning to devote more time to her interests which include horse riding, playing music as well as painting.
She is also hoping retirement will allow her to move a little closer to her elderly parents.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
She said: “The best thing (about being a GP) has been I suppose building long-term relationships with patients over time because it is quite a special relationship.
“I will miss the people that I worked with and the patients because I do like the patient contact.”
The Claremont Clinic, which has a total of six doctors, has replaced one of its retiring GPs already and is recruiting the replacement of the other, ensuring that its 9,000 patients continue to be well looked after.