Forest Gate foodie sets his sights on MasterChef glory
- Credit: Archant
A foodie from Forest Gate will compete in the knockout stages of MasterChef this evening.
Michael Sanders will be pitted against four other amateur chefs in tonight’s episode for a chance of going forward to Friday’s challenge - and win a place in this year’s semi-finals.
But speaking to the Recorder, Michael admitted that cooking hasn’t always been his forte.
“I’ve always liked eating but it was only when I moved to London about eight years ago and I was living on my own that I learnt to cook, because I had to,” he explained. “I always had an interest in food but I never really cooked anything until I moved out of my parents’ house.
“In London you are exposed to all types of cuisine from all over the world which is great. I quite enjoy the craft of it as you can genuinely see yourself getting better when you practice.”
Find out how Michael gets on by watching MasterChef on BBC1 at 8pm tonight.
- 1 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 2 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 5 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 9 Newham residents urged to shop local on Small Business Saturday
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped