Forest Gate crash lands two in hospital
A cyclist is in hospital with serious injuries following a road accident in Forest Gate last night.
The accident between the pedal cyclist and two cars happened at about 5pm in Woodford Road at its junction with Forest Road.
Police are now trying to trace the driver and one of the cars involved after they drove off without stopping.
Much of the area around the accident in Forest Gate was closed to traffic for most of last night while paramedics, police and firefighters helped those involved in the accident.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the cyclist was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital for treatment where his condition is “serious but stable.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters cut the roof off the top of one of the cars involved after the woman driver told paramedics and firefighters that she had neck pains. She was taken to an east London hospital and was allowed home after treatment.
“We are now trying to trace the second vehicle involved and the driver, as the car did not stop after the accident,” said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
The road was closed after those involved were taken to hospital to allow Traffic Unit investigators to examine the scene. Woodford Road was closed at its junction with Dames Road.