Forest Gate crash lands two in hospital
A cyclist is in hospital with serious injuries following a road accident in Forest Gate last night.
The accident between the pedal cyclist and two cars happened at about 5pm in Woodford Road at its junction with Forest Road.
Police are now trying to trace the driver and one of the cars involved after they drove off without stopping.
Much of the area around the accident in Forest Gate was closed to traffic for most of last night while paramedics, police and firefighters helped those involved in the accident.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the cyclist was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital for treatment where his condition is “serious but stable.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters cut the roof off the top of one of the cars involved after the woman driver told paramedics and firefighters that she had neck pains. She was taken to an east London hospital and was allowed home after treatment.
“We are now trying to trace the second vehicle involved and the driver, as the car did not stop after the accident,” said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 London Councils issues warning over planning reform in Queen's Speech
- 10 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
The road was closed after those involved were taken to hospital to allow Traffic Unit investigators to examine the scene. Woodford Road was closed at its junction with Dames Road.