Forest Gate Community School students face Stratford’s very own ‘Dragon’s Den’
Entrepreneurial students from Forest Gate got a unique business critique from Stratford’s very own “Dragon’s Den”.
Year Nine art students from Forest Gate Community School, in Forest Gate, took part in a seven week project to impress four influential figures in the borough with their business acumen.
Forest Gate Community School collaborated with the Newham Education Business Partnership (NEBP) with the organisation’s Georgia Holleran working with Mr Gillatt, assistant headteacher, to advise his art group on how to create a creative business.
Four teams of 24 students then set about devising their pitches for Jenny Cowan, from Westfield Stratford City, Felicity Gasparro, from John Lewis Stratford City, Paul Johnson, from Seetec, and Mark Ross from Newham Council.
After a gruelling round of mock interviews with the Dragons, the students gave a final presentation of their ideas which was the culmination of nearly two month’s work.
Assistant to the Headteacher Ashid Ali said: “The event was amazing with everyone giving the performance of their lives.
“The Dragons were so impressed they want the Forest Gate students to develop their ideas further saying that at least two of the proposals could be put into action almost immediately.
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 4 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 5 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 6 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 9 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 10 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
“The students have now got the experience many adults will never have and have got themselves firmly on the radar of some of Newham’s most influential businesspeople.”
Hoping to get backing from the Dragons, the students prodcued viable business ideas, resources, action plans, and presentation strategies.
Forest Gate Community School hope to run other projects with the NEBP in future and they also plan to develop a range of wallpaper with John Lewis Stratford City.